Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Andrew Stroud

Most people have asked whatever happened to Andrew Stroud as one of the lucky guys, who had the pleasure to ride the Britten.

My younger years, I was a fan watching Andrew Stroud, Aaron Slight and the late Robert Holden racing. Alot of kids in New Zealand know about the Britten but not the riders, so had a chance for kids to meet
the guys who helped the bike to fame.


To be honest I have meet some top riders but not so down to earth as Andrew. Some have swollen heads and won't give you time of the day.

Andrew, did a talk on the Britten bike and his involvement with the team.
Also the building of the Britten motorcycle.

Even at the moment my son in reading about the Britten, know about Andrew.
But couldn't be there on the day.

As this event was part of the 2009 N.Z National Motorcycle Show,
I didn't know that Andrew was doing a talk till I heard about the annoucement on the day.
Poor people had to stand outside the building, which Founders Park supplied a little church, so alot of people walked off.

Left: Road Rat       Right: Andrew Stroud

The most impressive thing I have seen is Andrew doing a wheel stand passed the Ducati.



No comments:

Post a Comment